Great! You’ve finally managed to send off your cover letter and resume to the company but do not know how and when to follow up email after sending resume. Well thus far if you haven’t had anything from your company, you must not let you down by thinking of as if the employer is considering begging off your application. That’s not true for there are times when HR managers do not find time to locate the job application from a pile of thousand documents. So it’s time to move on and grasp the nettle on your own. Do not wait for the reply instead take steps to know the status of your application. Given the rapidly fluctuating market indicators, you cannot just stay back and wait for your turn because in such a fast-pace era you will lag behind once you miss the train. Thus it’s not only indispensable to follow up email after sending resume but also a proposed move as per many hiring experts. In one of the surveys, it was found that almost 94% of HR managers are looking forward for a follow up email after sending resume from their applicants. How come? As this thing shows you are really enthusiastic about your position and that you have the capability to get whack. Hence it’s a biggest miscalculation to hold your horses and squander useful time in looking forward to a reply. Remember ‘express train waits for none’.
Suggestions For Follow Up Email After Sending Resume | Top 4
Take the Initiative
While water always makes its own route no matter what, likewise you must endeavor to change your misfortune into good fortune by leaping in to know the status of your job application. Nobody will bother to call you unless you forge ahead. Today you can make use of LinkedIn to pin down profiles of relevant individuals working in the company or a Twitter is also a good option to build relationship with them.
Be A Gentleman
Just do not get on the nerves of a hiring manager by calling or sending heaps of follow up emails. That’s not what a nobleman does in fact you are asking for trouble by winding him up. The best time period for follow up email after sending resume is to hang on till at least one week following the submission of documents.
No Room To ‘Twiddle Your Thumbs’
Keep it in mind that you are the only hope for quenching your own thirst for the position and no employer will schedule an interview unless you show deep interest in the job.
Address The Right Person
While addressing a follow up email after sending resume, note down the name of that very individual to whom you submitted your resume earlier on. Also attach your resume again with a follow up letter so in order to create more chances for catching his attention to your credentials. It’s necessary especially in our time where you need to show up your unique capability surrounded by scores of resumes to be considered.
Things To Consider For Follow Up Email After Sending Resume
After submitting your resume, it’s very important to take into consideration the closing date for that very job posting. “Don’t call or follow up before the posting has even closed”, says Bruce Powell, Managing Partner at IQ PARTNERS Inc. as he further elaborates that a candidate must think of following up after elapsing 5 working days right after a closing date so that the company may get a chance to sift through hundreds of resumes. However if you haven’t got a clue as to which is a precise cutting off date for the position, you can rely on one week time frame after which you should go for a follow up email after sending resume. Maintain a well-mannered communication style while following up for a resume.
- Has the company come to a decision vis-à-vis scheduling interviews up till now?
- Should I follow up in the next week just in case no judgment is finalized?
- Is there a specific time span for job application procedure being considered?
- Is there any time period apropos enrolling the applicants?
- Are there any technical credentials that a company is looking for in prospective employees?
Why To Follow Up Email After Sending Resume – Top 2 Reasons
- In case where a hiring manager hasn’t gone through your resume up till now, there are chances that he shows inclination toward considering you for the position.
- Even if he has gone through your resume details but unable to settle on you, you can actually increase your chances by sending a follow up email to consider you in detail for the second time.
What To Include In A Follow Up Email After Resume | Top 5 Contents
- At the ‘subject’ section of an email just enter your name in full along with a job designation.
- State your enthusiasm and great excitement in the job you are applying for.
- Refer to some substantial and real-time achievements or skills from the past you’ve ever had and prove your worth to the organization. How will you be beneficial for the company and why would he single you out from a stack of thousand applicants?
- The aforementioned skills and experiences must directly correspond to the position you are applying for. Just take out irrelevant details from the follow up letter.
- Keep your email succinct and to the point.